Monday, June 18, 2012

Be Prepared

We are a few weeks into Hurricane Season. We have been soo lucky the last few years with nothing coming our way. But after Hurricane Katrina everyone here understands that you must be prepared for anything. Do nothing at your own risk.

I bought this solar powered emergency radio last week. It was the last one on the shelf so people are taking action. It is also a flash light and a phone charger.

It is solar and there is a crank in the back. I tried it today and it works great.

I also bought a small bettery operated fan that takes 2D batteries. We also have a bigger one that takes 4D batteries. We bought a big candle for our hurricane lamp and we have an oil lamp. We also have battery operated candles.

We have two coleman stoves too. I have a charger and plenty of AA and AAA batteries, but I will get more. I want to get some solar lights for the backyard.

Pray for the best

Prepare for the worst

No comments: