Sunday, April 15, 2012

Southern Speak

I took this off a website from someone who lives in South Mississippi. I have heard many of these myself.

Southerners say- I’m going to mash that button…instead of push.
Southerners say- I’m carrying mama to the doctor….instead of driving.
Southerners say- Chunk me that ball….instead of throw.
Southerners say- I’ll be there directly….instead of soon.
Southerners say- I’m fixing to go….instead of about to.
Southerners say- much obliged…instead of thank you.
Southerners say- I reckon….instead of I think or I guess.
Southerners say- I was waited on….instead of served.
Southerners say- Hey ya’ll….instead of hello you all.
Southerners say -You best not….instead of you should not.
Southerners say -I’m going down yonder….instead of {wherever}.
Southerners say- Kids are let out of school….instead of dismissed.
Southerners say- You’re mighty right….instead of you’re correct.
Southerners say- That sad movie left me tore up….instead of sad or distraught.
Southerners say- I used to live in Mississippi….instead of previously.
Southerners say -She pitched a fit….instead of became mad.
Southerners say- I want to know the where-bouts of my purse….not where is my.

No comments: